Tuesday, October 14, 2008

St.Mary's Experience

We just completed our second lab at St. Mary's this past Monday where the learning never stops. As activity leaders it appears that we the students are the ones who have all the information that the St. Mary's are supposed to absorb. How wrong was that assumption!! I have learned so much from the students. From motor development assessments, games in the cafeteria, to when and how to interact, the learning has been mostly a receive rather than a giving proposition. I often find myself daydreaming (not for long Dr. Yang) about my 16 month old son who will soon take part in programs such as these. I hope he is forturnate enough to have individuals work with him who are as caring as the students that I have had the opportunity to work with so far.

No comments: